Friday, March 22, 2013

TGIF!

It's finally Friday!
Thank God this week is over.
I had 3 major tests and other assignments due. I'm just glad it flew by and now I can relax at home with my family.
Last weekend was a good one filled with running and perfect weather around Memphis. Saturday morning I woke up dark and early at 5 AM to volunteer at a Dirty Girl 5k. I worked for 5 hours, got a bib and two shirts for free. It was a great expierience. A lot of women wore costumes and had a muddy good time. The course had about 10-12 obstacles that required climbing over things and sliding into mud. Everyone was very entergetic and loved this run.
After volunteering and running, I came home, got ready and headed downtown to the Mudbugs Festival at a small park. The weather couldn't have been better. I don't eat crawfish but I love BBQ. I loved just relaxing outside listening to the bands. It was a very good Saturday.
Sunday was filled with church, and driving 3 hours back to school.
Then the week began and I was so busy studying that it FLEW by. It seems like I haven't even left home.
OH, on Monday there was an awful hail storm at school. The boy and I were standing outside talking and it looked bad outside but we just thought it was about to rain. Well, all of a sudden people start running everywhere and huge, baseball size hail starts pouring down. We frantically ran inside and as soon as we did the power went off. It was so scary. I couldn't send out texts or call anyone for a good half an hour. Thankfully, my car only has several dents compared to hundreds of cars on campus that have busted out windshields! It was definently an evenful week for me! I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment